Tuesday 20 April 2010

Shape Ups Sneaks


I had been checking out the Sketchers Shape Ups on line for a bit wondering if they really worked and then quite by coincidence I found another version for half the price at Sports Direct. Its the TS Sports version and the technology is the same so I decided to buy them and give them a try and they are amazing.

First I used them for the usuial family walk about and they were very comfortable and I felt a few corrections here and there to my posture but not till I took them for the propper test run did I get the propper feed back I was looking for.

I put them on for my power walk and right away I could feel the difference. These sneaks really do correct your walk and sort of set the pace. At first I had to slow down and really allow the shoes to correct my balance and gait I wasn't expecting this. I got really excited and decided to pay attention and see what these bad boys could really do.

I could feel it engaging my core muscle, the calves were next then the the back straightened out. Thighs, butt and inner thighs were all getting involved. The other big surprise was that all these muscles woke up in half the time it usually took and I was keenly aware of this.

I will be using them from now on of course and will give you an update at the end of the week because there was a bit of tweak in the lower back but I want to make sure its it a good working pain and not something else.

Recommendations : Remember to lace up properly because it really throws off your walk and balance.
Wear a proper pair of socks so you don't feel the fabric rubbing into your feet.
Not really for running and they say so but gave it a go none the less an it gives great bounce and recover but maybe the height might cause you to twist the ankle.
Go with the walk and remember to change up the pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment