Wednesday 22 July 2009

Almost got a beat down by a 10 year old.

So I head for the park in the rubbish weather thinking that it should be nice and quiet only to find that the other parents are on to me and there is a kids party in progress. I contemplate a turn back but then think of my sons disappointment and proceed.
Everything is working out well till it's almost time to go then the older girls decide that it would be cool to go on the baby slides. Something to do with the boys appearing I would hazard a guess. Anyway It start with the fat kid getting on the baby slide and she decides that she is holding it to ransom till the other girls arrive.
I decide it's time to move on but the baby wants to go down the slide one more time so i wait till the coast is clear only to find that another 10 year old girl has planted herself in his way and she's not moving so I say "could you excuse him please" and from then it was on. I had already gone about my business but she was not about to let that slight go so she's following me about the park at a distance of course but she giving it all that and gathering her troupes.
Mean time I have filled the husband in but she is on a roll and telling the friends at top volume that "yeah, she better go" and "she is so rude, tell me to move. Who does she think she is?"and the hands and head is going.
I decide that I've had enough so I head over to her gang and my husband is like " what are you doing?" I figure I will not be intimidated by a 10 year old, this is absurd.
So I say, "Mrs you want to talk to me?" now she's gone all coy "No" me " So why you all upset" her " well it's a birthday party and you're shouting at me" me " oh is it your birthday then?" her "no but it my best friend's and you're shouting at me." me "well baby, I asked you to shift so the baby can pass. You're bigger than he is you know"her" well i did but he kept falling over and then I stepped in front of him by mistake and you were rude and shouted at me."
Then the penny drops. I have embarrassed her in front of her friends. Good lord. "Ok baby i'm sorry if you think i was shouting at you but you have to look out for the babies. I didn't mean to snap at you ok. Enjoy your party." Her face light up and all is well with the world.
Life's intense when you're a pre teen. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment