Friday 2 November 2012

I Love The Way He Loves Me

The question that always made me go a bit funny was and still is. What do you love the most about your husband? I knew the answer. The same answer always popped into my head but I always responded with my second and third. His smile and his good heart. Somehow the first thing that always pooped into my head made me feel selfish. I've never said it out loud till today because I think I now understand. It's the way that he loves me. What I loved about him was the way he loved me. It was pure and I felt it.

Now let me explain myself. I have been told countless times by ex boyfriends that they loved me but now that I've felt real love I can say that theirs just feel words. I am sure that they thought they loved me or maybe they loved me the best they could but i never felt it. I just accepted the words as true.

Flo loves me freely, with no embarrassment and no conditions. He loves me with respect, care, generosity and kindness. All these things but what I loved the most was the fact that I felt it. I felt loved. You see I didn't come from an affectionate family. In fact I don't think I have ever heard my parents say the words I love you to me. Now I am not saying that my parents didn't love me because they do and I know this but at the time, between the discipline and life I did not quite recognize it. It was something that always bothered me so I always tell my children how much I love them and i hug and kiss them and you know what? I think my folks may have picked it up because I see them doing it with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment